Monday, September 04, 2006

Happy Labor Day!!

Happy Labor Day to our friends and family in the US...enjoy the day off of work and school and do something FUN!!

As you may have noticed that I did put my photo up by the profile section of the blog. The kids said it was not fair that I don't have any pictures of me up on the site. So I went through the photos on the computer and picked one that I liked.

I bought this book over the weekend Frommer's 500 Places to Take Your Kids Before They Grow Up by Holly Hughes. It is really a fun book and lists places I would have never thought of visiting. It really is a good reference for kids of all ages, even those who are called grown ups :-) Each entry contains all the information families need to help plan a trip: age ratings, service details, and nearby kid-friendly hotels. The photos throughout the book help bring destinations to life.


Here are a few of the categories and examples of each : Taking in the Scenery (The Lighthouse Tour of Maine), Weird & Wonderful (Cheddar Gorge & Wookey Hole), Historic Homes (Count Dracula's Castle), On The Water(Antigua: Beaches, Beaches Everywhere) PLUS much more. We have been to Cheddar Gorge, as has Zachary and his family, and it was a really fun place to visit.

It really is a good book and worth checking out either at the library, a used book store or to even buy new.

No comments: