Monday, January 07, 2008

Time for a clear out.....


Yes, I admit it we have TOO much stuff and I need to reduce the amount of things we have that are 1) never used, 2) broken , 3) too small, 4) too ugly...you get my drift. I came to this revelation, ok not really a revelation but an admission, as I was putting things away from Christmas. Have you ever moved something from one place to another so you can use said place for the new item? I really don't know how all this stuff fit in our house in the States as it was smaller than the house we are in now.

I have decided that now is the time to start getting rid of things. The stuff will be going to the dump, recycled or donated. There are things in boxes from 3 years ago we still have not used...BIG HINT that its time to get rid of it.

The first room of attack is the kitchen ~ I am sure there are cans of food that are past their expiration date in the back of cupboards YUCK and what a WASTE. I know there are dish towels, old pans etc. that I have not used since unpacking them.

My goal is to do 2 rooms per week until it is all done...this way I won't have to bring crap back to the US just to then get rid of it. I will do this rather than some type of New Years Resolution as this is a more practical thing to do plus it needs to be done.

1 comment:

Diane said...

OMG....I am going thru the same thing. Except there are things from our move to Columbus how many years ago? 7?????? Shameful! Too much crap! I am working on the area we live in on a daily basis....de-cluttering. The basement scares me! lol That is the home of all things unused, unwanted, un-needed and just plain ol' didn't know they were there. Good luck!!!!