Sunday, January 27, 2008

I HATE doing laundry

Ok, I am sure I am not the only person who does not look forward to doing laundry. But while here I really dread doing the laundry.

To show the point I give you these tidbits of information:

The average washing machine here in the UK has a front opening of just under 10 inches while in the US it is 15 inches.

The average depth of a UK machine is 10 inches deep and a US one is 17 inches!

So you see what I am talking about? It takes much longer to get it done here. I have to do a ton of little loads rather than a few larger ones. I am SO over it. I cannot begin to explain my excitement of a new washer and dryer and doing laundry in the new house.

How sad is that?

6 comments:

Diane said...

Laundry is my nemesis! Once back in the States, buy one of those HUGE shiny ones that will do a week's worth at a time (well, almost). I wish my washer/dryer would break so I could justify a new set. I think I would choose red! lol

Anonymous said...

So true!! I've been trying to break my washer and dryer for 3 years with no luck. Hopefully the next time we move the movers will drop both appliances and I can finally justify buying new ones!!!

Diana said...

LOL
Mine is still done:)
I hate laundry..socks are the WORSE!!

2 kids...3 martinis said...

Beautiful new design!
I got a new washer and dryer last year and LOVE them! Kenmore, extra super duper big front loaders, boring white, but I actually loved doing laundry for a while because it was fast, super clean, and used such little soap and water. Okay, it's back to sucking again, when will they invent a washing machine that sorts and folds the laundry too?????

Hull Family said...

You can't wait to do laundry - and being the good friend that I am - I'll bring mine over when you get those lovely new machines - ya know - just to make you happy!

Cara said...

I hear ya!! I can fit in mom's waaher in Canada and I have a hard time fiyying more than a sweater in mine!
thanks for popping in to my blog! Are you going to SAG in June? Oh, but you have one in the UK this time right?