Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Oh so Cozy

I read about this in a newspaper article from Columbus Indiana, where will be moving back to, and had to share. This is such a NEAT idea and I am hoping it really takes off and a certain someone, hint hint, will go and take photos and post them on her blog. I can't wait to see the finished projects.


The details of the project are as follows: Participants will be assigned a tree on a designated street in downtown and will knit a blanket to cover the first 5 feet of the trunk. On Feb. 22 the blankets will be knitted together to form a tube around the tree. The city expects the cozies to remain on the trees a maximum of eight weeks. During that time the public can vote for their favorite cozy. The winners will receive a donation to their charity of choice.

How COOL is that???
Photo Credit: Paige Harden, the Republic Newspaper

3 comments:

Diana said...

I thought this was pretty neat too:) I agree KAREN needs to take some pictures:)

2 kids...3 martinis said...

Cool! I think our trees here need those too!

Hull Family said...

Diana is so funny, isn't she??