Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Things about FALL ~

As I am sitting here this cool, crisp morning it has me thinking of those things about being in the states [in the fall] that I miss.


Going to the apple orchard to pick apples and pumpkins. I am sure there is something similar to be found around here but it is not the same.





Celebrating Halloween...we always had so much fun carving out the pumpkins and spending too much time thinking about costumes for the kids. PLUS, the added bonus of all the candy in the house to choose from. YES, it is done here but no where near the extent as in the US. In the time we've been here the kids have not dressed up or gone trick or treating; we have had not trick or treaters to the house either. {I don't think the kids miss it, but I do!}

CLOSE FRIENDS.....with so many changes going on in their lives I get to hear about it later on from others or brief notes. It is just not the same as being there. The time difference really stinks! Don't worry I do have 'friends' here but it is not the same...I am not forming the bonds I normally would as I know I will be leaving.




Candy Corn and Peanuts ~ They don't have candy corn so I can't make this treat. Actually, one of the guys who works in Tim's group is in Columbus at the moment...wonder if he will pick some up for me?? Of course he will.....{note to self, have Tim ask him to bring some back}

1 comment:

Diana said...

I am the "cute" friend in the picture:) I MISS you!!!
I got "spooked" already and need to make my 3 signs to do some "spooking". I forgot to do that today:) I would "spook" you if it was not so damn far:(