Thursday, October 19, 2006

Sting is back


Sting has released a new album, 'Songs From the Labyrinth', and I am not quite sure what I think of it. I have always liked his music but this one is just a bit beyond my comfort zone. I have not purchased the album yet as the previews I've listend to on itunes just aren't to my liking. {I think Tim will really enjoy it} The entire album is of songs from Elizabethan composer John Dowland, performed solely by voice and lute. {what is a lute anyway?} 'Songs From The Labyrinth' has topped the Classical Album charts in the USA, UK, France and Germany in its first week of release, and has entered the main UK album chart at #24 and the US Billboard chart at #37. In addition, the album is #11 on Billboard's Internet Chart and top of both the Amazon and Barnes Nobles best seller charts ~ so there are people out there who do like it. I really want to like this but it may take some time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What is a lute???? Now you ARE embarrassing the family.....and all those years of music lessons down the drain! Actually I was getting it for Tim's birthday!
Still loving STING and you...Mom