Monday, May 26, 2008

Where have I been??

There have not been any updates for a few days as I was getting ready for my trip to the USA. Christopher and I have arrived safely and have been quite busy so far. It is amazing how much you can get done when you have a short time to do it in. My painting has begun again and I hope to get the dining room completed later tonight. The original red that I selected was too pink so I have changed to another color that looks much better. The photo shows the room with only 1 coat so it needs a few more but it will look good when completed {I hope}. I have accessorized the kids bathroom so now we have one room completely finished ~Tim painted the bathroom a few weeks back.




Christopher and I also did some yard work and put new mulch around the house and planted a couple of hydrangea bushes...they are SO pretty so I can't wait for them to bloom and mature a bit. The mulch was a HUGE step for me as I am not normally a mulch person but the yard needed a bit of freshening up so this was a quick, easy and cost effective way to do it.

I have also floated in Diana's pool and got a bit sunburned...oops, I forgot to use sunscreen!

4 comments:

Diana said...

A BIT...more then a BIT..can we say A LOT!!!
Nice to have you HOME even if it is just for a week:)
Love the color. I will be over tomorrow to check it all out!

Hull Family said...

Feed your hydrangea bushes coffee grounds and eggshells mixed together. They LOVE it. Use raw eggshells - not cooked. Great job tag teaming the house with Tim!

Anonymous said...

Re hydrangeas, if you want them to remain blue, add an acidic mixture to the soil; if you want pink, add an alkaline'

Nana

2 kids...3 martinis said...

Looks super! Love the shower curtain.
I just planted hydrangeas too...thanks "hull family" for the coffee grounds/eggshell tip...I will use it!