Wednesday, May 28, 2008

More Progress


My dining room is almost complete! The painting is done, the curtains back up and the carpet that I ruined taken out! I was able to find a nice carpet remnant for the room and it will be installed on Friday. There was no way I could 'live' with the carpet in the state it was in....it was awful all due to my spilling the can of primer on it. The ugly light casts a funny shadow on the wall so the paint looks uneven but it really is not. The light will be removed at a later date...I HATE it.


The counter tops are now installed and look great! Tomorrow the tile backsplash will be put in and it will be even better. The new piece that was cut fit perfectly and they had no issues. When they were getting ready to leave I asked them how much it would be to keep the 'mistake' piece so they called the office and I was given the price of FREE!! Yep, we get to keep the bad piece. I asked the guy if it would be enough for the vanity in the half bath and he measured it and it will work~ so in the future we will have it cut for the vanity.

1 comment:

Hull Family said...

Now that was thinking smart!