Monday, September 10, 2007

Blackberries

The blackberries are out in full force in our yard and once again this year will have plenty for baking. I am even going to try to make jam ~ I'm not sure how that will go but we will see. Here is the recipe that I used last year and everyone seemed to like it so no need to change it.

Blackberry Crumble
4 c. fresh blackberries
3/4 c. sugar
1/2 c. quick cooking oats
1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1/2 c. packed brown sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 c. butter

Place blackberries in large bowl. Sprinkle with sugar; mix well. Let stand for several minutes. Combine oats, flour, brown sugar and cinnamon in bowl; mix well. Cut in butter until crumbly. Spoon blackberries into buttered baking dish. Sprinkle oats mixture over top.

Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've used this before and it is very good...of course I don't have a blueberry patch in my fromt yard!!