Monday, August 27, 2007

A Great Weekend....

I have SO much to write about with our weekend trip to London but I will break it up into separate postings as not to bore you all at once! We saw both Wicked and The Lion King and really enjoyed going to the theater. I will say that the theater experience here in the UK is SO different than in the US. Here, you are able to bring your food and drink into the theater, almost like going to the movies, I DON'T like it! It is inevitable that you will get the rude person behind you opening their candy or munching on food the entire time. What is worse is those who talk constantly. Anyway, back to the shows.

Wicked ~ the incredible untold story of an extraordinary friendship between two girls: the blond and popular Glinda and the misunderstood green girl, Elphaba, whose destiny is to become the infamous Wicked Witch of the West. I really enjoyed the show and Maggie LOVED it...it is a girly show. It did go slow in some parts and the boys will tell you they thought it was the WORST thing they have ever sat through :-} I would say if it was near you then possibly make the effort to see it...I would not go out of my way to see it.

The Lion King ~ Based on Disney's movie this was AWESOME!! The show lived up to all the hype and was worth seeing. The visual stimulation of the all the characters is beyond explanation. The opening sequence had the 'animals' walking down the aisles of the theater and making their way to the stage WOW! I would make every effort to see this production no matter where it is ~ you will not be disappointed.

2 comments:

Diana said...

Glad you had FUN:)
Welcome back to bloggytown...I missed you!!!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait til Jack is old enough to see The Lion King

Nana