Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Back To School ~

Today is the first day of school back home and it has me thinking about a few things I miss with school back home.

I miss our friends, Andrew is REALLY missing Nicholas :-{ I think it is harder this year for him to be missing the start of 8th grade together. They will be in

It is hard to be missing the shopping at Target and getting all the things on the class list. Here all we need to get for the kids is pencils, markers and math class supplies {ruler, compass, protractors} the school provides all the rest. I bought all these while in the US last week...gotta love target and Crayola products on sale for $.88 each!!

I love the idea of the kids wearing uniforms so I do not miss the back to school clothes shopping. It is so nice not having to worry about what the kids will be wearing on a daily basis. The boys have not complained once about the uniforms so that is a feat in of itself.

A good/active/friendly PTO. This is the MAIN thing I so desperately miss from home. I am active in the PTO here but it is SO different than in the US. I have found that here the activities planned are more for the adults ~ what the H*ll is that all about?? Don't get me wrong, the Summer Ball was great and I had a lot of fun. BUT I'd rather plan activities for the kids and families. With that said, I am the chair for the family fun day planned for September so I will keep you posted.

Fingers crossed this is the last start of the school year I will miss back home {WINK}

On a side note, we had Millie spayed yesterday and she came home with this protective collar on. She is supposed to wear this for 10 days until she goes back to have her stitches removed. It is meant to protect her from irritating the wound area. She does look kind of pathetic...she is still sleepy and is some pain {I think}.

1 comment:

Diana said...

I hope cone head is feeling better:)
I bought my kids NO back to school clothes so I can not complain on that one. They can wear there summer stuff till we need fall/winter stuff then I will complain. No one even got a pair of shoes...Can we say MEAN MEAN MOM.
I would be thrilled if we had a couple years on the PTO together to plan something FUN. We still have ALL of those Mardi Gras cup...lol