Sunday, August 31, 2008

First Meet


Today was Andrew's first official cross country meet. It was a large invitational meet with 70 schools participating. The entire team did really well ~ both the boys and girls varsity teams took first place in their division. Andrew ran in the junior varsity portion and he amazed us with his finish. He ran a 5K in 19.51 and placed 13th out of 148 runners!! We did not know what to expect but were so surprised with his performance. He was pleased as well and now has a starting point to gauge his upcoming season and personal times.

5 comments:

Diana said...

Run Forest Run..
WTG Andrew!!!!
I would be DEAD is I had to even THINK about running 5 miles..

2 kids...3 martinis said...

Awesome time! Congrats to Andrew.

I laughed when I saw your countdown to Christmas! God help us get the shopping done!!

susanb said...

Congratulations Andrew - That is a great time!!

Hull Family said...

Wow - great time, Andrew! I'm lucky to be able to do it in under 33 mins. Your time is awesome!

Anonymous said...

That is a GREAT time Andrew I hope you will do great on your other ones.