Friday, August 08, 2008

Simply Amazing....

Have you been watching the Olympics opening ceremony? We have and I am simply amazed at the planning and the difficulty of things that were made to look so simple. Watching everything in High Definition makes a big impact ~ OK Tim....you told me so!! I would have to say so far our favorite was the drums at the very beginning marking the countdown to the official opening at 8:08! We are awaiting the entrance of the US team and can't wait to watch the various events over the next few weeks.




Ever wonder what the order is for the parade of nations? I did and looked it up :-} The list of countries entering the stadium is in Chinese alphabetical order. It’s an IOC rule for countries to enter the stadium in alphabetical order of the local language. Australia for example, is usually one of the first countries, but will be the 203rd country. Greece always leads the procession with the host country entering last. SO, this year the USA will enter at the 140th spot out of the 205 nations represented.



Tim will be heading to Beijing next week for business so it will be interesting to hear his take on things while there compared to his past trips to the area.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, countries entered by character stroke order.

I was looking at your picture a bit closer and I was wondering that I may have been watching the wrong Olympic opening ceremony. I was watching the one at the Birds Nest stadium. But your stadium's opening ceremony looks just as beautiful.