Sunday, July 27, 2008

OUCH....

This weekend was not a good one here in our house. Someone got ahold of my debit card number and had a bit of a shopping spree in Oklahoma! The debit card, like most others, had the capability to be used as a credit card so no pin number was needed. The only reason why I found out is that a $45 charge at the grocery store was DECLINED!~ I knew how much was in our checking account and I certainly had enough to cover a $45 bill. I went home and checked out our account and someone had spent almost $2800 in a few hours! I have NO idea how they managed to do this and never will but I am still MAD!!!! I have cancelled the card and will need to take care of getting our money back at the bank on Monday.

On a side note our sea container has arrived and should 'hopefully' be delivered some time this week. We cannot wait to actually have our stuff so the house will start to feel like our HOME.

5 comments:

Diana said...

Now I have the words to Oklahoma in my mind...My version as I can say I do not know the real words:)
Assholes is all I can say about this!!

Hull Family said...

Holy crap - welcome back???? Let us know how it goes getting this straightened out!

Diane said...

Oklahoma was great! Thanks for the spree! Just teasing. What a nightmare! Hope it all gets straightened out....and soon!

2 kids...3 martinis said...

Geez...you sound much more calm and collected than I would be!!
Welcome back to the US, huh? The land of stolen debit card numbers...
Good luck on getting it all straightened out.

susanb said...

What a pain. I wish you didn't have this as a welcome home!!