Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Help Me Decide

Now that we the house taken care of the next big purchase we need to think about is a car for myself. I have been looking at various vehicles and have it narrowed down to two....

The first is a old faithful the Chrysler Town and Country minivan. Yes, I know I said I am past the minivan phase and want something different but we really could use the space that it offers.



The second choice is the GMC Acadia SUV...it does seat 7 people and has loads of space for stuff in the back but it comes at a cost.




I am looking at a 2007 model of either vehicle as I don't need 'brand new' but one only a year old with low miles is good.

At the moment, shock...gasp...no way I am leaning towards the Chrysler...it is cheaper than the GMC and I did like the one I had in the states.

HELP....which would you pick? Or better yet, talk me out of the minivan.

4 comments:

2 kids...3 martinis said...

How can a fellow mom talk you out of a mini van? We still have ours, fully owned now, and it's Greg's! We love the space and it's so damn dependable! Chrysler of course...
We also bought one of those cross-over minivan/suv things last year and I love it...kinda looks like what you're looking at. Not a lot of room for friends but comfy and fun to drive...mine's a Nissan and I do LOVE it! Good luck...I am of no help, am I??? I like them both!

Anonymous said...

Hello???? How old are you?? And more so how old is the husband going to be 3-2-08? He will look like an old fart looking to start a new family w/ that minivan. On the other hand, he will not look attractive to younger women. So THAT is a good thing.

Nana

Diana said...

PERSONALLY, I would buy another mini..With 3 kids and kid crap you will need the room. We should have bought 1 more mini van instead of the SUV. I know this is not the answer you wanted but sorry.

Carol said...

We're a mini van family! I love it! We are going to be needing another one soon and we're still looking at vans. They may not be trendy but there's loads of room and it makes travelling so much easier! Plus the cost is much lower! Who cares about trendy! Just my 2 cents