Tuesday, October 07, 2008

So long tonsils....


**UPDATE: She is finally in a deep sleep. I picked up her new medicine this evening and it is working. Hopefully, she will have a restful night ~ me too! :-}**

Maggie had her tonsillectomy this morning. The procedure went well and was very quick. The doctor said that her tonsils and adenoids were worse than they had anticipated so removing them was definitely the best thing to do. Her recovery, on the other hand, is not as smooth. She is in a lot of pain and discomfort. We have called the doctor to get a different type of pain medicine as what she has doesn't seem to be working. Hopefully she will get a few good naps in today and she rest comfortably. I did not take my camera with me to document the pre and post surgery....

5 comments:

2 kids...3 martinis said...

Get well soon, Maggie! Hope the new medication works.

Ewww...that photo! Doesn't go well with morning coffee! (Did I mention I used to be a surgical nurse? Maybe why I am no longer interested in that stuff! Thanks for reminding me!)

Diana said...

Poor thing..let me know if I can do anything.
Hugs to Mags!!

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better Maggie! We are thinking of you!

Hull Family said...

Glad to know that she is sleeping! As much as you don't want to hear your child needs surgery - aren't you glad it was even more necessary than first expected. Takes away any question on whether you did the right thing. Hope your next few days are peaceful and painfree!

Anonymous said...

Poor Maggie! I hope the new medicine works well and she's back to normal in a few days.

Best to all of you.

Sue C.