Monday, November 05, 2007

Another Concert PLUS A Rant ~

Ok, first the good news { No, great news} our local football stadium has been trying to get permission to hold concerts in it for a few years now and they have always been turned down. Approval has FINALLY been given and the very first concert is none other than - drum roll......ELTON JOHN!! Yes, you read correctly he is coming to our small stadium July 5, 2008. This morning, I had the task of trying to get tickets for Tim and I plus the other two couples from the US currently living over here. I was successful and we have GREAT tickets, let me repeat GREAT tickets. Here is the seating map with our seats where the arrow is...we are in row C, which is row 3!! It would have been better if we were in the center but I am not complaining. I think we will have a great time and what a great way to END our time here in the UK ~ a week later the kids and I are on a plane back to the US.

Now for my rant.......
I went grocery shopping in Asda (a division of Wal-Mart), got everything I needed and proceeded to go to the checkout. I was given my total and handed her my debit card from the US, I told her it needed to be swiped. Side note : here in the UK all credit/debit cards are chip and pin, basically you put the card in the machine and enter your pin number rather than sign for it. So she swiped it and I signed the slip. She tells me the signatures DON'T match, first of all whose signature is always the same? Anyway, I offered my UK drivers license and she said sure give it to her. Again, she tells me the signatures don't match. I then gave her my US license and AGAIN she tells me they don't match. At this point I was angry and said " what do you want a blood sample??" A manager came over and was told the situation and told the cashier to approve my purchase as the photo ID was sufficient.


What a crock of SH!T.....I need to move...oh yeah, I am :-}

1 comment:

Hull Family said...

Walmart sucks - - - but Elton John ROCKS!!!! You will have SOOOO much fun! It was Kate & Meg's first concert - what a way to start! See you soon!