Sunday, January 14, 2007

Sunday Walk

Since the weather today was brisk with clouds and sun we decided to go on a long walk today. We went on one of the routes published in the area to take advantage of the countryside.

Our walk took us to the Sockburn an area where Lewis Caroll {best known for writing Alice in Wonderland} got his inspiration for his 'Jaberberwocky' poem. According to legend, a dragon was terrorizing this area during the medival times. Anyway, we thought we would do a shortened version of the walk but ended up doing almost the whole thing. We walked 8........yes 8 miles today. I, of course, was wearing my crocs {BAD idea, I never said I was a rambler} and my feet got wet and muddy. In fact, they got stuck in the mud too!! They really aren't the best shoes for walking in the countryside, oh well....lesson learned. Here are a few other photos from the LONG walk today.St. John the Baptist church was seen along the way. We had never seen it before and it was very pretty from the outside. This was near the end of the walk and the way I felt ~ I could have been left behind in the cemetery :-)

No comments: