Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Great Grandma's Shortbread

Tomorrow Maggie has her international luncheon at her school. Originally, I was going to make taco soup but she objected. Her words were 'why would I bring that? I DON'T like soup. If I am going to bring something it should be a food I would actually eat." LOL....so she decided that she would like shortbread. I don't have a recipe so she sent and email to Nana asking for great grandmas recipe. It is actully Maggies great-great grandma but it is all the same. {She was born in Ireland and fled to Scotland during the famine and unrest in Ireland at the time}. We made two batches today and it is so yummy!

3 comments:

Diana said...

My moms friend Sadie makes the round one with the paper dolies (sp) between them..OMG it is wonderful!!!

Nana said...

Oh Great-Great Grandma would be so proud you are using her recipe. She was a great baker esp. pies, scones and shortbread

Nana

Hull Family said...

so...where's the recipe??? Or is it a family secret?