Friday, February 16, 2007

School Cross Country Match

The boys' school has an annual school cross country event in February. It was a not so perfect day weather wise ~ rainy with fog, but the event went as planned. Since the school is located here in the village I had a perfect viewing of the kids as they ran. { the course is the same way we walk with the dog} I was able to stand in the back yard and see the kids run below along the river. Everything is done by age groups and this year Andrew and Chris ran at the same time. The course is a little over 2 miles and both boys did very well. Andrew came in 1st place with a time of 13:08.Christopher finished 16th with a time of 20:06. This was a HUGE accomplishment for Chris as this year he actually ran the course ~ last year he had a leisurely stroll :-)I don't have a picture of Chris finishing as I missed him...I didn't expect him to finish so quickly! {I was busy talking to other moms!}

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats to both boybies for such consistent good effort! Nana

Diana said...

Andrew foot in ready to hit that big MUDDY puddle:( WTG to both of you. It is nice to see GREEN Grass as I am over white snow and ice.