Wednesday, August 23, 2006

I want candy.....

Today we went to the John Bull Confectioners Factory and were able to see the rock candy and other sweets being made. We were familiar with the rock [sticks] of candy as we have bought some when visiting Whitby with friends and family.





Here you can see the workers actually rolling out the large pieces of candy. They roll the stuff back and forth until it is the correct diameter and then they cut the candy into smaller sticks.







The kids were able to make their own piece of rock candy while we were there. They were each given a large piece of todays flavor, tutti fruity, and they had to roll it into shape.
The final product did not look as nice as the ones above but they had a good time anyway. I am not sure they will actually eat it though :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yummm...make me some.
I laughed when I saw Andrew and Chris' face. They look like they are having the "time of their lives" Maggie on the other hand looks like she is loving it. I find it hard ot believe she will not eat her candy when she is "hungry".
I enjoy your blog;-)
I just might have to get one too...But since I have done nothing FUN what would I talk about?
Miss You
D